|VISA TYPE||STREAM (IF AVAILABLE)||75% OF APPLICATIONS PROCESSED IN||90% OF APPLICATIONS PROCESSED IN|
|189 Skilled – Independent||Points-tested||9 months||12 months|
|189 Skilled – Independent||New Zealand||Unavailable (see below for details)^||Unavailable (see below for details)^|
|190 Skilled – Nominated||11 months||14 months|
|476 Skilled – Recognised Graduate||15 months||16 months|
|485 Temporary Graduate||Graduate Work||4 months||5 months|
|485 Temporary Graduate||Post-Study Work||39 days||78 days|
|489 Skilled – Regional (Provisional)||Skilled Regional – GSM||Unavailable due to low volume of applications||Unavailable due to low volume of applications|
|489 Skilled – Regional (Provisional)||State/Territory Nominated Visa Classes – GSM||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.|
|858 Distinguished Talent||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.|
|887 Skilled – Regional||8 months||10 months|
Factors that influence processing times
We evaluate applications on a case-by-case basis, and processing timelines can vary depending on a variety of factors, including:
- whether you’ve submitted a full application with all of the required supporting materials
- how quickly you reply to requests for further information
- how long does it take to complete the appropriate checks on the supporting data?
- how long it takes to get more information from outside agencies, especially when it comes to health, character, and national security concerns
- How many spots in the migration program are available for permanent migration visa applications?
- The time it takes to attend a Citizenship Ceremony or acquire a Citizenship Certificate in the case of citizenship applications.