PARTNER VISA CHECKLIST – ACTUAL RELATIONSHIP - Australian Migration agents | Immigration Lawyers in Melbourne & Canberra | Global Vision Migration


As proof of your relationship, please supply the following documents:

  • Details about your relationship with your partner if you’re migrating.
  • a signed written statement, either individually or jointly, explaining the history of your partnership.
  • If you or your sponsor has been married before, please produce a copy of the official divorce certificate or the deceased spouse’s death certificate (as appropriate)
  • any children from the relationship’s full birth certificates (copies)
  • evidence of a 12-month de facto connection between you and your spouse prior to filing your application


The following are some examples of this evidence:

You can use the following evidence to show us you’re in a genuine and stable relationship:

  • Certificates of marriage or civil union
  • For any children you share, birth certificates are required.
  • cards, letters, emails, and chats on social media
  • images of you and your sponsor together at various times
  • indication that others are aware of your connection
  • evidence that you and your partner make decisions and plans together
  • evidence that you and your partner are parents
  • evidence that you spend time together in your spare time
  • a shared leasing arrangement or a mortgage
  • mail addressed to you all arriving at the same time and place
  • accounts in a combined name
  • You should be able to show that you and your partner own assets together.
  • Hire purchase agreements or shared credit cards
  • Shared lease agreements, joint local government registration at the same address, mortgage paperwork, council rate notices, utility bills)
  • provisions of your will evidence that your connection has been declared to any relevant government organizations (for example, Centrelink or the Australian Taxation Office) (s)
  • Evidence of contact between two people during a period of separation. (For instance, itemized phone bills, printouts from your E-Mail inbox folder, envelopes with personal letters, and so on.)
  • any other evidence that you believe reflects a real and continuing relationship (for example, joint membership in a club, evidence of vacations spent together (such as photos and travel tickets), or similar interests or activities).


The items listed above are simply ideas. You must offer sufficient evidence to show that the relationship is continuing and genuine. This proof should illustrate how long the relationship has been going on for.

Note that further proof may be requested and considered in the evaluation of your application.

Enquire with Global Vision Migration

Fill in your details and we’ll call you back!

    Universities & Colleges

    Warwick Institute of Australia
    Tr4in Right
    TMG College Australia
    Technical Education Development Institute
    St Peter Institute
    Southern Cross Education Institute
    Salford College of Business and Hospitality
    Sacred Heart International College
    Pax Institute of Education
    Navitas Professional Year
    Melbourne City College Australia
    Lead College
    International House Sydney
    International College Victoria
    Education Centre of Australia
    Della International College
    Danford College
    Central Australian College
    Baxter Institute – Engineering Campus
    ATMC Professional Year
    ALTEC College
    Acumen Institute of Further Education
    Skilled Up
    CIC higher education
    Request a Call Back

      Request a Call Back