SIGNIFICANT INVESTOR VISA
You can invest and live in Victoria with the Significant Investor visa. It is for eligible people who invest at least A$5 million in complying investments in Australia over a four-year period and wish to continue doing business and investing in Australia.
The following are examples of compliant investments:
- Investing in start-up and small private enterprises with at least A$500,000 in qualifying Australian venture capital or growth private equity fund(s).
- At least A$1.5 million in qualified managed funds or LICs that invest in emerging firms listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
- a ‘balancing investment’ of up to A$3 million in the fund(s) or LICs that invest in a mix of eligible assets such as other ASX listed businesses, eligible Australian corporate bonds or notes, annuities, and Australian real estate (subject to the 10 percent limit on residential real estate).
WHY CHOOSE WESTPAC PRIVATE BANK AS YOUR FINANCIAL INSTITUTE?
Westpac Private Bank, with its extensive knowledge in banking, finance, and investment, can give the necessary assistance to help you meet the requirements of the Significant Investor Visa. The SIV Flexible Investment Account, our service, gives you the following benefits
- Private bankers who work with applicants and migration agencies and are multilingual.
- A team of experts that are familiar with the visa application process.
- Dedicated investment specialist who keeps you up to date on the latest investing options.
- A wide range of banking and wealth management services are available.
- An account that can be used to invest in a variety of complying investments.
- Choose from a variety of unique investing options.
Victorian Government visa nomination
Victoria supports qualifying Significant Investor visa candidates who desire to reside and invest in Victoria with flexible visa nomination.
Through Victoria’s Significant Investor visa nomination program, you can get priority processing of your visa nomination application at no cost. Currently, applications are handled in five business days.
Visa nominations are considered on a case-by-case basis, with the potential impact of your proposed compliant investments on the Victorian economy taken into account.
SERVICES FOR SIGNIFICANT INVESTORS:
You can get help from a global network of Victorian Government Business Offices and Significant Investment Managers as a Significant Investor.
Significant Investment Managers assist Significant Investors and their representatives with information and referrals, such as:
- Victoria’s the trade and investment prospects
- Requirements of Nomination for a Victorian visa and investment requirement
- Victoria’s wealth management and financial services providers.
In Shanghai/Greater China, Bangalore/South Asia, Kuala Lumpur/South East Asia, and London/Europe, Victoria has dedicated Significant Investment Managers.
To apply for a Significant Investor visa, follow these steps:
Step 1: Fill out an Expression of Interest form on the SkillSelect website run by the Australian government’s Department of Immigration and Border Protection. Choose Victoria as the location for your nomination.
Step 2: You will be sent an invitation to submit a visa nomination application. The Victorian Government will then examine your nomination application free of charge within five business days.
Step 3: After the Victorian government has recommended you, you will be invited to apply for a visa through SkillSelect.