Your work must have been in your specified skilled occupation or one that is closely related.
You can only claim skilled work if you meet the following criteria:
- You completed at least 20 hours of paid work per week in your nominated occupation and/or a closely comparable occupation in the ten years prior to being invited to apply (this may be altered for shift or fly-in-fly-out workers). Occupations that are closely connected must be:
- in the same ANZSCO Unit Group or in the same ANZSCO Unit Group
- in accordance with a planned career path or
- decided that it is closely related to your nominated occupation by an assessing authority.
- Either the authority conducting your skills assessment states in the assessment that your employment is skilled (use the date stated in the assessment as your employment start date in your EOI) or your work experience meets the standards for skilled employment set by your assessing authority on their website.