After having lived and worked in Regional Australia for 3 years on a Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (491) visa, visa holders and their families will be eligible to apply for permanent residence in various visas, including the Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) (191) visa, which will become available for applicants who have held a regional provisional visa (489, 491, 4594) for three years.
Primary and secondary visa holders
- must have held a regional provisional visa (489, 491, 494) for 3 years, and
- must have abided by conditions of that regional provisional visa,
Primary visa holders
- must have worked in a designated regional area for 3 years,
- with annual earnings at least equal to a prescribed amount, and
- to be evidenced by taxation returns for each year,