Regional will be defined as any place outside of Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane as of November 16, 2019. A significant shift is that Perth and the Gold Coast have been reclassified as regional areas. Perth, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Lake Macquarie, Illawarra, Geelong, Newcastle, Wollongong, Adelaide, Hobart, and Canberra are among the regional areas.
to earn an extra 5 points You must hold at least one degree, certificate, or trade qualification from an Australian educational institution that meets the Australian study criteria and was earned while living and studying in an eligible regional Australia area.
You must meet the study requirements in Australia. Your educational qualification must meet the following criteria in order for points to be awarded:
- have been achieved when you resided in and studied at a campus in one or more of the locations identified as regional Australia or a low-growth metropolitan area.
- Studies done via distant education is not included.
In order to apply for skilled visas, you’ll need to fill out the following forms:
- Independent visa for highly skilled workers (subclass 189)
- Nominated visa for skilled workers (subclass 190)
- State and territory nominated applicants via the Invited pathway for a Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
- Regional Visa for Skilled Workers (Residence) (subclass 887)
|New South Wales||Everywhere except Sydney, Newcastle, the Central Coast and Wollongong||2311 to 2312, 2328 to 2411, 2420 to 2490, 2536 to 2551, 2575 to 2594, 2618 to 2739, 2787 to 2898|
|Northern Territory||Everywhere in the territory||All postcodes|
|Queensland||Everywhere except the greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast||4124 to 4125, 4133, 4211, 4270 to 4272, 4275, 4280, 4285, 4287, 4307 to 4499, 4515, 4517 to 4519, 4522 to 4899|
|South Australia||Everywhere in the state||All postcodes|
|Tasmania||Everywhere in the state||All postcodes|
|Victoria||Everywhere except the Melbourne metropolitan area||3211 to 3334, 3340 to 3424, 3430 to 3649, 3658 to 3749, 3753, 3756, 3758, 3762, 3764, 3778 to 3781, 3783, 3797, 3799, 3810 to 3909, 3921 to 3925, 3945 to 3974, 3979, 3981 to 3996|
|Western Australia||Everywhere except Perth and surrounding areas||6041 to 6044, 6083 to 6084, 6121 to 6126, 6200 to 6799|
If you would like assistance in applying for General Skilled Migration, you may wish to book an appointment with one of our advisors. They can assess your likely eligibility and give you advice in writing about the migration pathways which may be appropriate to your situation.