If you intend to apply for a Partner visa, we recommend making an appointment to discuss and understand your options.
|VISA TYPE||STREAM (IF AVAILABLE)||75% OF APPLICATIONS PROCESSED IN||90% OF APPLICATIONS PROCESSED IN|
|Family and partner visas|
|100 Partner*||20 months||23 months|
|101 Child||10 months||17 months|
|102 Adoption||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.|
|117 Orphan Relative||56 months||63 months|
|143 Contributory Parent (Migrant)||38 months||39 months|
|173 Contributory Parent (Temporary)||36 months||38 months|
|300 Prospective Marriage||11 months||15 months|
|309 Partner (Provisional)||11 months||15 months|
|445 Dependent Child||8 months||12 months|
|461 New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary)||14 months||23 months|
|801 Partner*||18 months||23 months|
|802 Child||12 months||13 months|
|820 Partner||20 months||24 months|
|837 Orphan Relative||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.|
|864 Contributory Aged-Parent (Residence)||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.|
|884 Contributory Aged-Parent (Temporary)||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.||Unavailable due to low volume of applications.|
|*From the date of eligibility (2 years after the 820/801 or 309/100 application is made) to finalisation, the processing time for subclass 801 Partner (permanent) visa and 100 Partner (permanent) visa is 2 years.|
Factors that influence processing times
We evaluate applications on a case-by-case basis, and processing timelines can vary depending on a variety of factors, including:
- Whether you’ve submitted a full application with all of the required supporting materials
- How quickly you reply to requests for further information
- How long does it take to complete the appropriate checks on the supporting data?
- How long it takes to get more information from outside agencies, especially when it comes to health, character, and national security concerns
- How many spots in the migration program are available for permanent migration visa applications?
- The time it takes to attend a Citizenship Ceremony or acquire a Citizenship Certificate in the case of citizenship applications.